Monday, January 2, 2012

Trying to Blog Through My Sickness
Days 5-7 (Sort of)
*Note to Kelly: This blog is more of a personal one than an internship-focused one.*
Bleeaarrrrrgggghhhhh… *sniffle* *sniffle* *COUGH*
So I don’t know what I have, but I’m pretty sure I got it from my nephews.
This morning I surfed around on Anthem’s website looking for local doctors to treat my rapidly wretchening condition. There was only one general practice near Lisbon, apparently, but when I tried calling them to make an appointment, the number provided for them on the website was no longer in service. Also, in order to, according to said website, “make sure a [certain] doctor accepts my insurance plan”, I had to log in, and before I could log in, I had to register. After going through the process of registering and then re-searching, I found that there are, according to Anthem, no practices within a 50-mile radius that accept my insurance plan.
The past 2 nights have been hectic for the on-site interns, which aggravates my miserableness. We have been responsible for keeping tabs on Persian’s vitals, sweat level, gut sounds, temperament, water intake, and manure output. On Saturday night we ended up checking on him every two hours, and last night we were out there at 8pm, midnight and 4am. Tonight we’re only required to do 9pm and 3am checks.
I was going to write about my first trip into Baltimore with Elise (she has phenomenal skill as a navigator, so I was glad to have had her with me), but because I feel like crud I don’t know how much I want to write. The weather was really nice for most of the day – the sun was out and the wind was tolerable for the most part (until we left the Galleria and it was raining). We went to an area called Harbor Place, with is right on an inlet of Chesapeake Bay. There are a lot of interesting places around there, including an aquarium, a science center, a classy mall, several really nice-looking restaurants – an Irish place and a sushi place among them – and the World Trade Center of Baltimore, with a 9/11 memorial. There was also a cute, spastic little candy store called IT’SUGAR that had monster-sized Hershey bars, Nerds boxes, Sugar Daddies, Sweetart rolls, and Reece’s cups. The harbor itself is also quite pretty, and there are several ships and maritime museums, in addition to paddle boats with dragon heads and tails so that you can paddle around the bay in a Viking-inspired boat, assuming that the Vikings paddled and were fond of obnoxiously bright colors.
I would write more here, but I have a sinus headache and want to lie down soon.


SM

2 comments:

  1. i hope you feel better. all the boys had were a cough and runny nose. if you have more then that then they didn't get you sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! And I have been to Harbor Place!

    ReplyDelete